Effective Date: March 1, 2020
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Unicase Online Store collects information from you and about you. This may include:
- Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, mailing address, email address, postal address and telephone number, including your mobile phone number.
- Payment Information. For example, we may collect your credit card number and billing address.
- Information You Post. For example, we may collect information you post in a public space on our site. This may include our Ratings & Reviews feature.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information.
- Event Information. For example, we may collect the mailing address associated with your event registry.
- Information You Submit. For example, we may collect information when you contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our site. We may also collect information submitted in connection with creating an account, completing an application, placing an order or making a purchase, including bank account numbers or other financial information.
- Demographic Information. For example, we may collect your age, gender and zip code.
- Driver’s License Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may collect your driver’s license information. For example, we may collect this information if you return an item without a receipt.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platforms. It may also include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include your in-store location. For more information about your choices related to location information, see the Choices section below.
- Commercial Information. For example, we may collect information about the products or services purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other Network Activity Information. For example, we may collect information related to your browsing history, search history and other information regarding your interactions with our Platforms or advertisements.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we may look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. If you visit our stores, we may capture audio, electronic, visual, thermal or similar information with our surveillance equipment.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Unicase Online Store collects information in different ways.
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Make a purchase in our Stores or on our Platform.
- Make a return or exchange.
- Purchase an electronic gift card.
- Create a personalized Unicase.net or Uni-case.net shopping account.
- Track an order online.
- Sign up to receive promotional emails or text messages (including offers and sales alerts).
- Sign up to join a loyalty, rewards or similar program or club.
- Provide your contact information to our beauty associates.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys or focus groups.
- Create or update a gift registry.
- Use the Ratings & Reviews or related services and features.
- Submit a request to our Customer Service team.
- Sign up for, and/or maintain, a Unicase Online Store Charge card.
- Interact with Unicase Online Store social media pages.
Passively. For example, when you:
- Install and use Unicase Online Store mobile apps.
- Visit and navigate Unicase Online Store Platforms on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Platforms.
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
- Use the Wi-Fi Services provided in some Stores.
- Visit Stores; Unicase Online Store uses cameras in and around its Stores for security and operational purposes.
- Receive or interact with Unicase Online Store communications and Platforms that may contain cookies or pixels.
From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you, including data brokers.
By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect in our stores with information we collect through our Platforms.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platforms.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or return transactions.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Platforms and stores better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you based on information we collect about you and your household.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your customer feedback.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and our customers. It may also include protecting our Platforms.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We may use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We may tell you about new features or updates. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- To Send Push Notifications. If you use our mobile apps, we may send you push notifications about new products or special offers.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information within the Unicase Online Store family of companies. This includes our affiliates.
- On our Platforms. For example, we may display information you post on our Ratings & Reviews feature. We may also display information you choose to share on your event registry.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include third parties that provide financial products and services related to our business, including Unicase Online Store Charge credit card. It may also include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion.
- With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if Unicase Online Store merges with, acquires or is acquired by another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section, below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Effective January 1, 2020, if you reside in California, then you have the following rights:
You have the right to opt-out of Unicase Online Store sale of your personal information.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information.
You have the right to request us to disclose to you, no more than twice in a 12-month period, the personal information about you that Unicase Online Store collects, uses, discloses, and sells during the preceding 12 months, which shall include as follows:
- The categories of personal information that we’ve collected and sold about you, or shared for a business purpose with our service providers.
- The sources from which we collected such information.
- The third parties with whom we’ve shared that personal information and to whom we’ve sold that personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected about you.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note the following regarding how we collect and use your personal information as described in this policy:
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; payment information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers; payment information; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information.
- We sell the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity; geolocation data.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of the Unicase Online Store Platforms. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us to update your information, please feel free to contact us by telephone at 866-681-3107
Effective January 1, 2020, if you wish to contact us to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, please feel free to contact us by telephone at 866-681-3107, by email at email@example.com.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- Use the unsubscribe link on any Unicase Online Store promotional emails.
Text Messages & Mobile Coupons:
- Follow the opt-out instructions provided in our text message or mobile coupon.
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
- If you have previously opted into Unicase Online Store collection and use of location-based information through our mobile application, you may opt-out by adjusting the Settings on your mobile device.
- You may opt-out of all location-based information collection by uninstalling the Unicase Online Store mobile application and refraining from using Unicase Online Store Wi-Fi Services available in Stores.
- To be removed from our
global marketing mailing lists send your request, including your full name and e-mail
Unicase Online Store Department Stores, Inc.
- Call Customer Service at (866) 681-3107
Cookies & Similar Technologies:
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platforms. Please check our Platforms periodically for updates.